It's a great craft project for the Lenten season and a great way to teach of Jesus passion.
Because it uses hot glue younger children will need adult help, but older kids may be fine on their own. It uses a tissue box, rocks, moss, garden image, and Jesus image, to create a wonderful 3D scene of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- rectangle tissue box (empty)
- rocks (at least one that's about ½ to 1 inch high, for the Jesus cutout)
- moss (Spanish moss, floral moss or other moss)
- 1 sheet of black construction paper (or black paint)
- garden picture printout
- Jesus picture printout ~ printout on stock paper or glue to thin cardboard
- white glue or glue stick (glue stick is preferred)
- hot glue
- black marker
- other small outdoor items like twigs, evergreen branches, etc. (optional)
*Instructions -with picture tutorial - are included in this download!
Copyright: © 2011 Catholic Inspired
This is a free file and craft. It’s made for individuals, teachers, and parents to use. Please feel free to use it. We only ask that you don't use the files, activities, or ideas for profit. Otherwise, it's an infringement of the copyright use.
The purchaser is free to make as many copies as needed for a single family or class. These files are not to be resold, republished, or used for profit. All purchased files help to support our site. By following the copyright rules and encouraging others to buy their own set you are helping us to bring you more great crafts, printable pages, and ideas.